bathroom singer storeroom dancer so called blogger.and loser.oh,certified noob as well. |W A R N I N G! please excuse my limited english!|

spambox

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Relay For Life | 2nd-3rd June 07 | MSN Training Stadium,Bukit Jalil

WHAT IS RELAY FOR LIFE?

It's 16 Hours You'll Never Forget!

The National Cancer Society of Malaysia's Relay For Life is a high-spirited event where everyone in the community can join in the fight against cancer. It is a day filled with fun, comradeship and festivities. It is a time when people you know and people you don't know team up to raise public awareness about cancer in the community and to raise funds to find the cure.

Sparked by One Man's Hope

Relay For Life began in 1985 in Tacoma, Washington when Dr. Gordon Klatt walked for 24 hours to raise money for the American Cancer Society. He raised $27,000 that first year. Since then, Relay For Life events around the world have raised a billion dollars to support programmes aimed at eliminating cancer.



Click here for more info >> http://www.cancer.org.my/ncsm_faq.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be joining this event.Anyone interested?It's something meaningful to do!
I'll try to find as many people as i can(max 10)to build a team and join this event.(If not i will be joining alone)We have to walk for 16hours non-stop but of course we can take turn.They'll have a lot of tent's for participant but i need to book,so for those interested to join please do let me know asap.The registration fee is only RM10/pax.
If u dont really understand what this is all about,kindly buzz me and i'll try my best to explain to u. =)

Hmm..i m thinking that if we can build a team which is all blogger then it should be quite special and we might raise more fund during the relay!

So if anyone interested u can buzz me at ryanchong84@gmail.com
Be fast!! =)


Thanks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took part and stayed mostly awake till morning. Left around 8.30 am.

It was my first time attending such an event and it was quite an experience.

See my picture report in http://chess.maribelajar.com

The luminaria event was the most touching.

Ryan Chong said...

Hi Andrew!

Wow it's cool to meet u here!I stayed awake for the whole event!Hehe..I was extremely exhausted but i had a lot of fun!A lot! =)
Yeah the luminaria event was the most touching with the songs they played during the event and when all the candels was light up with all the messages they written on the paper...It's really touching.

I remember there's a Uncle which i saw him walk quite a lot and he tied a teddy bear doll on his chest.The last lap of the relay,i saw him hugging the teddy bear and i can see he was tearing...hm..
It was such an emotional scene..

Anyway,really hope to join again next year! =)

alrite,checking the URL now.. =)

history